Use the FREESHIPPING *code and don't pay for shipping
Shopping Cart

In the cart you have:

Your cart is empty

Vines Petit Verdot (30 %), Syrah (70 %)

Color: Intense ruby red.
Smell: The nose is rich, elegant and very complex with intense notes of small ripe red fruits, spicy hints of pepper and balsamic.
Taste: On the palate it is characterized by extreme elegance, with silky tannins and great balance, fresh and with a very long persistence with spicy aromas.
Food pairing: Perfect for meat dishes, pasta dishes with rich and traditional Tuscan sauces, game, cold cuts and cheeses.

Altitude: 120 m a.s.l.
Exposure: South/South-west.
Breeding system: Spurred cordon.
Harvest: Manual, in the first ten days of September.
Vinification: Fermentation at controlled temperature.
Aging: In Allier barriques for 18 months.

Castello del Terriccio

Castello del Terriccio, located in Castellina Marittima in the province of Pisa, has a thousand-year history but is purchased by the Counts Serafini Ferri, family of the current owner, only in the first post-war period. Until the seventies the estate was mainly known for the cereal activity but over time it has been surpassed in notoriety and importance by the cultivation of vineyards intended for the production of fine wines. In fact, from the 25 hectares of vineyards in 1980 to the current 60. The size of the property has allowed the vineyards to choose the most suitable soils for soil characteristics, dew point, exposure to sea breezes and exposure to light during the planting phase of the vineyards. In fact, the vineyards are exposed in such a way that the sea acts as a mirror and therefore the light comes by reflection, with a longer duration than the direct one of the sun. The soils are those in which the mineral elements, including iron and copper, mix with the texture of medium texture with a balanced interaction of sands and silt. All these factors, which together prove to be determined in giving the red wines of Castello del Terriccio the great structure and the achievement of very high levels of polyphenols. The most representative wine is definitely "Lupicaia", currently obtained from the blend of Cabernet sauvignon for 90% and Petit-verdot for the remaining 10%. Both vines age between 18 and 22 months in Allier tonneaux and several other months in the bottle before being marketed. The second born in chronological order is the homonymous wine "Castello del Terriccio". Produced since 2000 and immediately it is characterized by the high percentage of Syrah which in recent years represents 70% of the grape. The remaining 30% is Petit-verdot. Vinified and aged like "Lupicaia", it remains in Allier tonneaux for 22 months and several years in the bottle. The "Tassinaia" is composed in equal parts of Merlot and Cabernet sauvignon, it ages for 16 months in second passage tonneaux and is put on the market after a few months in the bottle. "Con Vento" is the only white, produced with Viognier (70%) and Sauvignon (30%) grapes.

Last entries