Close
Sign up to the site: 5% extra discount on your first purchase
Shopping Cart
Close

In the cart you have:

Your cart is empty


Vines Pinot Nero ( %)

Color: Bright ruby ​​red.
Smell: The nose expresses richness and complexity with notes of small red and black ripening notes with floral and spicy hints.
Taste: Full-bodied, lively, powerful, fresh and well balanced on the palate, with tannins present. It closes in persistence with aromas consistent with the sense of smell.
Food pairing: Perfect for dishes based on red meats and game, roasts and aged cheeses typical of the region.

Cru: Its name, "Les Teurons" (or "Les Theurons"), could derive from Turno, which means small accumulation of land, a characteristic of the local landscape.
Surface: 1.00 ha (2.5 acres).
Soil: Calcareous with good balance between clays, sands and clays.
Exposure: South-east.
Location: Average slope.
Plant density: 10,000 plants/ha.
Planting year: 1963.
Breeding system: Guyot.
Viticulture: Soil worked upright and dismantled, then plowed, biological protection, green harvesting and thinning of the leaves.
Harvest: Manual in small crates with selection in the vineyard and in the cellar.
Vinification: Traditional method, completely de-stemmed in open vats, fermentation with natural yeasts, crushing or pumping over once a day, slow malolactic fermentation.
Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels, 30% of which are new.
Bottling: By gravity, without clarification or filtration.

Domaine Albert Morot

The history of the Maison Morot dates back to the early 19th century. In 1820, Philibert Jacques Angélique Morot began selling wine from his vineyard, shipped in a horse-drawn carriage. In 1860, he was joined by his two sons, Simon (based in Rouen, then a major trading center) and Albert (based in Beaune). In 1880 Albert, then fifty years old, continued the business on his own, under his name: Albert Morot. This name was kept by her only daughter, Berthe, and her son-in-law, Louis Jean Blanlot. He bought the land in La Creusotte and built the castle (1898). During the phylloxera crisis, he also took advantage of the low price of the vineyards to buy several hectares (1890) in Beaune and Savigny. Louis Jean Blanlot died prematurely at 52, his wife Mme Berthe Blanlot was assigned to run the domaine with the help of his two genres. In 1926, one of her two daughters, Yvonne, succeeded her. After the death of her first husband at the front during World War I, Yvonne later married Albert Choppin. The company sold its premises, cellars and shops located in rue Sainte Marguerite, Beaune, to concentrate its activities in Château de la Creusotte. Its cellars were enlarged to accommodate more activity. During the war the wine was requisitioned for sale to the Germans. The castle was also occupied for a few days by the German occupation troops. The postwar years were difficult. Wine consumption was very low. Faced with financial difficulties, the domaine was forced to sell 2 hectares (5 acres) of vineyard. Guy Choppin, Yvonne's eldest son, took over the estate at the age of 23. Sales have almost resumed. Francoise, Guy's sister, took over and immediately stopped the trading business to concentrate fully on her own production. The quality of the whole production changes positively and the export activity developed after the First World War. In 2000, his great-grandson, Geoffroy Choppin de Janvry, continued the quality program introduced by his aunt. To obtain grapes of the highest possible quality, this agronomist has implemented a full range of approaches, including the processing of the vines, the green harvest and the thinning of the leaves, the double sorting during the harvest to minimize interventions in the cellar. After a series of successful trials, Geoffroy switched to organic farming methods. It produced its first certified vintage in 2015.

Last entries