Close
Sign up to the site: 5% extra discount on your first purchase
Shopping Cart
Close

In the cart you have:

Your cart is empty


Vines Chardonnay ( %)

Color: Intense straw yellow with bright golden reflections.
Smell: The nose is fine to elegant with notes of ripe white fruits, floral notes, butter with slightly toasted hints.
Taste: Medium-bodied on the palate, lively, fresh and balanced, with a good aromatic persistence.
Food pairing: Perfect for fish and shellfish dishes, delicate white canri and medium-aged cheese.

Cru: The Greeks called the holly “agria” (wild plant). The Romans Latinized this in agrifolium, aquifolium.
This plot may have received this name because it was covered with thorny plants before it was planted with vines. It is located near the famous Clos des Mouches.
Surface: 0.25 ha (0.6 acres).
Soil: Stony, rich in clays and clays
Exposure: East.
Location: Average slope.
Plant density: 10,000 plants/ha.
Planting year: 1988.
Breeding system: Guyot.
Viticulture: Soil worked upright and dismantled, then plowed, biological protection, green harvesting and thinning of the leaves.
Harvest: Manual in small crates with selection in the vineyard and in the cellar.
Vinification: Pressing upon arrival in the cellar, clarification, then fermentation in 30% new French oak barrels. Gentle pumping 1-2 times a week.
Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels, 30% of which are new.
Bottling: By gravity, without clarification or filtration.

Domaine Albert Morot

The history of the Maison Morot dates back to the early 19th century. In 1820, Philibert Jacques Angélique Morot began selling wine from his vineyard, shipped in a horse-drawn carriage. In 1860, he was joined by his two sons, Simon (based in Rouen, then a major trading center) and Albert (based in Beaune). In 1880 Albert, then fifty years old, continued the business on his own, under his name: Albert Morot. This name was kept by her only daughter, Berthe, and her son-in-law, Louis Jean Blanlot. He bought the land in La Creusotte and built the castle (1898). During the phylloxera crisis, he also took advantage of the low price of the vineyards to buy several hectares (1890) in Beaune and Savigny. Louis Jean Blanlot died prematurely at 52, his wife Mme Berthe Blanlot was assigned to run the domaine with the help of his two genres. In 1926, one of her two daughters, Yvonne, succeeded her. After the death of her first husband at the front during World War I, Yvonne later married Albert Choppin. The company sold its premises, cellars and shops located in rue Sainte Marguerite, Beaune, to concentrate its activities in Château de la Creusotte. Its cellars were enlarged to accommodate more activity. During the war the wine was requisitioned for sale to the Germans. The castle was also occupied for a few days by the German occupation troops. The postwar years were difficult. Wine consumption was very low. Faced with financial difficulties, the domaine was forced to sell 2 hectares (5 acres) of vineyard. Guy Choppin, Yvonne's eldest son, took over the estate at the age of 23. Sales have almost resumed. Francoise, Guy's sister, took over and immediately stopped the trading business to concentrate fully on her own production. The quality of the whole production changes positively and the export activity developed after the First World War. In 2000, his great-grandson, Geoffroy Choppin de Janvry, continued the quality program introduced by his aunt. To obtain grapes of the highest possible quality, this agronomist has implemented a full range of approaches, including the processing of the vines, the green harvest and the thinning of the leaves, the double sorting during the harvest to minimize interventions in the cellar. After a series of successful trials, Geoffroy switched to organic farming methods. It produced its first certified vintage in 2015.

Last entries