Close
Use the FREESHIPPING *code and don't pay for shipping
Shopping Cart
Close

In the cart you have:

Your cart is empty


Vines Chardonnay ( %)

Color: Golden yellow.
Smell: The nose reveals notes of ripe yellow pulp fruit, floral and vanilla notes, mineral hints deriving from the terroir.
Taste: On the palate it is in perfect balance between structure and freshness. Good tension and fruit of the content, promising characteristics for this wine in an excellent vintage.
Food pairing: Crustaceans and molluscs, seafood risotto, grilled or pan-fried fish, veal cutlets with creamy sauces, goat and hard cow's milk cheeses.

Age of the vines: Planted between 2017/2018 and 1947, the youngest vines are slightly more than 70 years apart from the oldest. The average age is 40. It would be interesting to know that one of the oldest parcels used in this cuvée (Les Vernays, planted in 1955) is the source of the mass selection made by the domaine.
Soil: Inside this cuvée (a blend of the best plots of the entire Fuissé amphitheater) you can find a snapshot of the geological cycle of Fuissé for complexity. One third of the vines are grown on west-facing granite soil - a mixture of shale, sedimentary volcanic sands and rhyolithic tuff - the rest, facing east, is mostly planted on Jurassic limestone and marl, with some clay deposits as well.
Vinification and aging: Just over half of the wine (55%) is aged in stainless steel tanks, and the remaining 45% in barrels, none that is new (only from the 2nd to the 5th passage). Bottled in November 2019, with a waning moon.

Domaine J. A. Ferret

The Domaine J. A. Ferret is based in Fuissé, a village in the Mâcon region, famous for the production of Pouilly-Fuissé wine. Although the history of the Ferret family dates back to the early 1700s, the estate was only officially created in 1840. The absolute protagonist for the qualitative growth of the domaine was Jeanne Ferret: she adopted her own classification for her wines, distinguishing them in the categories Tête de Cru and Hors Classe. The Domaine J. A. Ferret following the death of Jeanne's daughter, Colette Ferret, was acquired in 2008 by the historic Maison Louis Jadot based in Beaune. The property, today, consists of about 18 hectares of vineyards planted with Chardonnay, considered among the most valuable of the appellation. Currently the technical management of the winery continues to be entrusted to a woman, Audrey Baccini, who continues the production philosophy of Domaine J. A. Ferret by pursuing very high quality standards in production. The wines of Domaine J. A. Ferret are recognized for their elegance characterized by complex aromatic notes, a medium structure and a vibrant minerality.

Last entries